Minsk City, Belarus. Lake of Komsomolskoye is an artificial reservoir in the northwestern part of Minsk, formed a dam on the river of Svisloch.
Construction was started in 1940 to prevent flooding during the spring floods. The pit under the lake area of 35 hectares was excavated by hand.
Inauguration of the lake was planned on Sunday, June 22, 1941, but was thwarted because of the war.
In 1974 conducted cleaning and deepening of the lake.
Reconstruction of the lake and the nearby Victory Park began in 2010. Now the reconstruction of the embankment of the lake is almost finished.
Soon everybody will see on the side of the lake a new lifeboat station: two storey boathouse with modern medical equipment to rescue people. Two of nine natural islands will arrange well: Ptichiy and Komsomolsky. Now on Ptichiy Island can be reached only by boat, soon to be built 60-meter footbridge, pier, eco trail and pergolas.
On the Komsomolskiy Island is planned to build a Communist Realism Museum of sculpture in the open air. Dismantled sculptures from the old seats will be installed on the island. The museum will tell about history of this art form in Belarus.
There will also be built a museum of military equipment.
Pictures of Komsomolskoye lake in Minsk photo gallery added 15 of April, 2007 and 20 of August, 2011.