Belarus city photo ecotour, greenways in European, temperate forests wild life, photo tours to wilde of Europa and Israel. Tips and tools for travelling in blog. Tourist places photos. Photos de villages. Photo and some image about nature.

The monastery was founded in 1485 by St. Savva Krypetsky, a Serbian monk from Mount Athos, in what was then described as an impracticable mire. Two years later, the Pskov veche supported his establishment by granting a large plot of land to the monks. Prince Obolensky had a road for pilgrims built through the mire to the monastery. St. Savva died on 28 August 1495 and was interred in the then timber cathedral, which was rebuilt in stone in 1547 and still stands.

Famous monks of the Krypetsky Monastery included Basil, who described the life of St. Savva in the 1540s; St. Nilus, who founded the Nilov Monastery on Stolbnyi Island; and the former chancellor Afanasy Ordin-Nashchokin, who had the monastery grounds greatly expanded and improved. In the 18th century, the abbey fell into disrepair, but was restored by Evgeny Bolkhovitinov, a bishop best known for his friendship with Gavriil Derzhavin and the latter’s poems dedicated to him.

In 1918, the monastery was disbanded by the Bolsheviks who plundered more than five poods (2,600 troy ounces) of gold in the monastery sacristy and had its Neoclassical belltower disfigured. The abbey was briefly revived during the German occupation of the area in World War II and was finally restituted to the Russian Orthodox Church in 1991. Monastery situated 23 km from Pskov.

In the monastery shrine attracts believers – relics of St. Savva Krypetsky, founder of the monastery, and also the recently acquired, the relics of St. Cornelius Krypetsky.
Pictures taken in 26 of May, 2013.




The Basilica of Our Lady of Licheń Stary is a Roman Catholic church located in the village of Licheń Stary near Konin in the Greater Poland Voivodeship in Poland. It was designed by Barbara Bielecka and built between 1994 and 2004. The construction was funded entirely by pilgrims’ donations.

With the central nave 98 meters tall, 120 meters long and 77 meters wide, and with a tower 141.5 metres tall, it is Poland’s largest church and one of the largest churches in the world. The church is dedicated to Our Lady of Sorrows whose icon, dating back to the 18th century, is displayed in the basilica’s main altar. It is one of Poland’s principal pilgrimage sites.

Pictures of Basilica of Our Lady in Lichen Stary photo gallery added 5 of October, 2010 and 18 of April, 2013.


The Judaean port of Caesarea on Israel’s Mediterranean coast had no reliable source of fresh water when construction on the city began around 22 B.C. So King Herod commissioned this raised Roman aqueduct to deliver water from the springs of Mount Carmel nearly 16 kilometers away.

A second  “lower” aqueduct was built by the Legions of the Emperor Hadrian (2nd C AD). It brought water from Tanninim (Crocodiles) river, farther from Shummi. This section, with a tunnel of about 6km long, was tapped into the older aqueduct, and doubled its capacity.  This new source of water was added to the right of the first canal, and the aqueduct was thus doubled in width. The builders used the same building materials and style, so it is hard to see that the pair of tunnels were built in different ages.

The aqueduct continued to supply water for 1200 years. During the ages it was repaired several times.
After that time the aqueduct was beyond repair. Therefore, in the Crusaders period (12th C aD), a third, smaller,  canal was built that replaced the first two.
Another (forth) lower aqueduct was built from a new source of water: the springs at Maagan Michael, several kilometers north to Jiser-E-Zarka.


This pictures have been taken on 28 of September, 2011.


This is not the first church in Lipnishki. It is believed that the first church was called as the Church of St. Anne’s has been built in 1411.
The second church was built in 1744. But both the church were destroyed by fires.
The third church, which was built in Lipnishki, had the name of the church of St. Casimir. Why it was named, it is not known. This temple was also destroyed by fire. According to one information, the church burned down due to negligent care of the candles. According to other sources, the church was burnt down during the peasant revolts. But it is known that the riots were July 14, 1890.
The foundation of the new church was laid May 1, 1894, while the real building started in 1900. In France was bought a very expensive project of the church in neo-Gothic style. Finally the church was built in 1906.

Pictures have been taken on 31 of July, 2010.


The first mention of the name “Dead Sea” found in the writings of the ancient Greek scholar Pausanias, who was among the first to investigate its water. The lake is determined by the title of “dead” because it was believed that because of the high salt content, it can not live neither fish nor other organisms, except for certain types of bacteria in the mouth of the River Jordan. In recent years, XX – early XXI century, there was found about 70 species of higher fungi and oomycetes, capable to live in a maximum salinity.

Several intermittent streams and the Jordan River flow into the Dead Sea. Over the past 40 years, the volume of the watercourse is down from 1.43 billion cubic meters per year to 100 million.

In the vicinity of the Dead Sea have been found the famous Qumran manuscripts. This is more than 600 manuscripts, proving that the Jewish sect of the Essenes in II century BC professed principles similar to the Gospel precepts. The first scrolls from Qumran manuscripts accidentally found the boy-Badawi in 1947. In the Dead Sea were the biblical cities of Sodom and Gomorrah.

The Dead Sea is stunning natural phenomenon. Perhaps this is the one officially recognized health resort, where European countries send to the treatment of its citizens by providing them with free medical insurance.

The eastern side of the Dead Sea are mountains; in the west are the hills of Jerusalem. This surrounding landscape resembles an alien. Today, the Dead Sea area is very thinly populated and there are always quiet and calm.

This pictures of Dead Sea photo gallery added 01 of October, 2011.